Chocolate is very sensitive to temperature so please keep the following in mind when placing your order.
We ship from our chocolate factory in Houston, Texas.
We do our best to offer same-day shipping, but we like to make everything to order so that it is as fresh as possible when it arrives at your door. We will attempt to get orders placed before 2pm CST Monday-Wednesday shipped the same day, but depending on the weather and the availability it may take up to 48 hours for your order to get shipped out.
We typically do not ship orders on weekends or holidays. Because temperatures vary across the country, we may choose not to ship on Thursdays or Fridays if we do not expect your package to arrive before the weekend. We will ship on Thursdays if Overnight shipping is selected, or if the temperature is cool enough for the product to make it in perfect condition.
If you live in Houston or nearby, you can pick up your order by appointment at our commercial kitchen. Place your order online and select Pick-Up as your shipping option at checkout. On the order confirmation page, you will be able to select a pick-up day and time.
We are typically available Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm for pick-ups, but you will see on the calendar when you are scheduling your pick-up if those hours change.
If you accidentally close the window before scheduling your pick-up, you can schedule it here: Schedule My Order Pick-Up
*Please do not schedule a pick-up unless you have already placed an order online or over the phone, so we can have it ready for you when you arrive!
Your shipping price is determined by the estimated size and weight of your package based on the items you selected. We are continuing to work on competitive shipping rates! Please bear with us.
Keep in mind that orders placed after 2pm CST may not ship the same day
- Standard Shipping: USPS Priority Mail, typically arrives in 1-3 business days (time in transit not guaranteed)
- For orders weighing over 5lbs, we may ship with UPS or FedEx Ground/Home Delivery (1-5 business days) for the Standard Shipping option
- FedEx Express Saver: 3 Business Days Guaranteed
- FedEx 2-Day: 2 Business Days Guaranteed
- FedEx Standard Overnight: 1 Business Day Guaranteed (Delivery by 3 p.m. to most addresses)
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
We will do our absolute best to get your toffee to you on time! However, please understand that once we ship your package and give it to USPS, FedEx, or UPS, unfortunately it is out of our hands. We encourage you to shop early to avoid the inevitable shipping delays!
For Delivery Before Thanksgiving:
- Standard/Ground Shipping: Order by Thursday, November 18th
- 2-Day Shipping: Order by 2pm on Monday, November 22nd
- Overnight Shipping: Order by 2pm on Tuesday, November 23rd
For Delivery Before the Last Night of Hanukkah:
- Standard/Ground Shipping: Order by Tuesday, November 30th
- 2-Day Shipping: Order by Wednesday, December 1st
- Overnight Shipping: Order by Thursday, December 2nd
For Delivery Before Christmas:
- Standard/Ground Shipping: Order by Friday, December 17th
- 2-Day Shipping: Order by Tuesday, December 21st
- Overnight Shipping: Order by Wednesday, December 22nd
Additional Shipping Details
We can only ship to a P.O. Box if the order is shipping with standard/ground via USPS and the temperature does not require warm-weather shipping. Call us if you are uncertain about conditions.
Currently we are only accepting orders to ship to addresses in the continental United States. No shipments to other countries can be shipped at this time.
Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii must be shipped Overnight or 2-Day. There may be an additional $15 surcharge incurred.
There will be an $10.00 fee assessed for any address corrections made by our carrier in order to ensure proper delivery of the package, or if a package needs to be re-routed to a different shipping address once it is in transit. DGZ Chocolates will not issue a refund for packages refused by the recipient or for incorrect or incomplete shipping addresses.